Skip to main content

Let's Do This!

 Happy New Year, friends!  NYE was pretty quiet here on the homestead.  I wasn't feeling the best (thankfully it only lasted a couple of days) and it was cold and windy.  We did stay up, but that was only because we were watching a movie!  Carlie and Caleb invited all of us (and Caleb's parents) to their house for lunch on New Year's Day. We had ham, potatoes, cabbage, black eyed peas, green beans, rolls, banana pudding and pecan pie.  It was delish!  

If you have been around here for very long, you probably know what I am most excited about: new planners!  And, you probably know that I have more than one. 

This is my planner stack!

This year I went with something completely different. I did stick with the Happy Planner, but I did hard-back and no disc system and I chose the big size.  It is the beige leopard one pictured above. I use this one as my catch-all.  It has a little bit of everything. 
My second choice was the green and black one (Carlie got it for me for Christmas).  It is a Bloom Planner and I love it! It is more goal (financial and personal) oriented/tracker type.  I am using it mostly for my finances.  
The third one is just a cheapo from Wal-Mart that I picked up for plants.  Yes, you read that right, I said plants!  I finally convinced Carl that I needed a greenhouse!  He got me one for Christmas.  I couldn't believe it. It's just a starter one, but I am so excited and have done lots of research on when/how to start seeds and when to transplant them.  I definitely want to do vegetables, but also some flowers and herbs.  I'm so ready to get started!

My baby

I may or not be using the new hobby above to distract me from the fact that my baby is graduating high school in May!  Ya'll that is only 4 months away.  If I let myself get all up in my feelings, I'm a wreck.
He is still trying to figure out what the future will look like.  At the beginning of the school year, college was a big "no" for him.  He was happy with the diesel mechanic work he was doing with my uncle. Now he is starting to lean more towards, I may take some college classes at our local community college and still work until he reaches a point where he 1. loses interest or 2. is ready to move to a full-time university. I told him that I will support whatever he chooses.  I pray for him multiple times a day to make the right decision. If you noticed his arm, yes that is a tattoo. He bought it with his own money during Christmas break.  I had NO idea it was going to be that large, but we can't go back now!

Makena Faith

Makena has been busy working at the museum during her Christmas break.  She had a girls day with some of her friends on Monday and really enjoyed her time.  I love seeing her happy!  She is gearing up for her last semester of college! I can't believe that.  Four years flew by! I am excited for her to have a graduation since she didn't get a high school one (2020 :() .  She goes back next week and has a pretty full load of classes.  I am praying that it won't be too hard for her.  I'm sure by the time May rolls around, she will be D.O.N.E.!

Wrenley Beth

Wrenley has been on Christmas break from daycare, so she has split the time between BeBe and Pappy (us) and JoJo and Grandpa (Caleb's parents).  She is so precious and has us all wrapped around that little finger. Such a joy!
And she is an artist too!
She loves to color right now :)

I am thoroughly looking forward to everything this year will bring.  I have made several goals for this year, and I also landed my "word of the year".  I plan to share those in a later post. 
Of course, I always say that I hope will be more consistent with my blogging, but this year I'm going to try my best, but not beat myself up if things come up.  

Carl went back to work this week, so after lunch I have time to myself.  I am currently using that time to blog, but there are always chores to do, and I have a class to study for on Wednesday nights, so I will stay plenty busy. 

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." Phil. 4:4

Much Love, 
Beth






 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a