Skip to main content

Spring Break 2012

I do realize that Spring Break was almost two weeks ago, and I'm just getting around to blogging about it!  We didn't do a whole lot after that busy weekend we had.  It took us about three days to recuperate :)  Here is a summary of what went on during our week off:
We slept in everyday!
I FINALLY organized the girls junk closet.  It was so bad before that I didn't even want to take a picture of it.....shameful.  You couldn't open the door because they kept throwing stuff in there!  Anyway, it's now cleaned out, and believe it or not, it's still that way :)
Worked on Carlie's research paper on Abigail Adams. 
She is such an organized person when it comes to her school work.  I'm not sure where she got that from because if you've ever seen my desk, well, you can't see my desk!!  It's a wreck most of the time...and so is Carlie's room, but not her work.  I'm so proud of how much effort she puts into things, just to give them that extra "Carlie" touch :)

On Thursday my grandmother, Grammy went in the hospital and stayed the night.  It was gallstones, but she sure didn't feel very well.  She will have to have her gallbladder removed sometime.  Thankfully it wasn't anything worse than that.
On Friday Carl took off and we went to the zoo.  It was a little on the cool side that day (who would have thought we'd call 70 cool in March?!).


Makena and Trey by the gators.  They were a favorite.

I take a picture of them every year in the bird house.  They are getting so big now!
The gorillas were out and about that day.  They really put on a show pounding their chests.  I've never seen them that way at the LR Zoo.

After we left the zoo we didn't want to go home just yet, so we went down to LaHarpe Landing and hit up the Nature Center and went for a walk on the bridge.  The kids had never really been down in that area, and Carl and I have only been there at night, so it was fun!
Carlie was not in the mood for my pictures.
We even got to see some classic cars at a Car Show.  Carl loved this Camero.

It was a fun family day!!

Beth



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a