Skip to main content

What I'm Thankful For Days 1-4

I've been seeing the Thankful posts on Facebook and I thought maybe I would start my own Thankful post on Blogger.  I feel a little more comfortable writing things on here that I might not put on FB, maybe Twitter, but not FB.  And, for those of you who follow me on Twitter, I do apologize for being so negative last week.  I feel much better about things now! 
So here are the things I'm thankful for so far:
Day #1:   My Salvation.  I am thankful everyday that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and for all of man kinds sins so that if we believe, we will not have to spend an eternity in hell.
 
Day #2:   I am thankful for Carl.  You know, we don't always do everything right.  We don't always  agree or get along, but I always know that  no matter what happens, he is there for me.  He loves me for who I am.  He's seen the good, bad, and ugly, and he is still here :)  He is a good Daddy and husband and I wouldn't trade him for anything.
 
Day #3:  I am thankful for these three little monkeys:
 
They are all three so special to me.  Carlie is growing up so fast.  She is into clothes, music, her iphone, and even BOYS!  Yes, that is something that I'm not encouraging.  We have our arguments and don't always see eye to eye, but more and more often I'm catching little glimpses of a more grown up relationship with her. One that I'm really looking forward to having :)
 Makena is such a sweetheart, with a side of hard-head.  Recently she has been going through some stuff at school involving some of the girls in her class.  Partly because of obvious reasons, but part of it is because some of the kids  pick on a boy in her class and she doesn't like it.  She will take up for him and some of the others don't like it.  I tell her to be nice to everyone.  That 's all I know to tell her.  I love her sweetness and loyalty :)
Trey Landon is my boy.  He makes me laugh most of the time, even when I don't feel like laughing.  He enjoys being the class clown and might have gotten in trouble recently for "fake burping" at the lunch table to make all the girls laugh.  I guess it's a good thing his teacher laughs at him too:)
 
Day #4:  I am thankful for my church peeps.  We have been without a pastor at our church since the beginning of September after having the same one for almost 17 years.  It hasn't been easy on any of us.  We were left with a major remodel to do on our parsonage as well as just taking up the slack of having no one "in charge".  Of course we have a moderator, but it's just been different (which is a bad word in my vocabulary!).  One of the greatest things that have come from this experience so far is that we are all working as a team.  I think we have become a little closer together.  I know that I could go to almost all of the people in our church day or night and ask them to pray for me or a particular situation and they would, and for that I am thankful.  Please pray for our church and for all the churches without pastors.  There is a certain vulnerability that comes along with that situation.
 
Well, I think that gets me caught up until tomorrow.  I'm really going to try and do this everyday so I don't have to do 3 or 4 days at once, but this week looks to be pretty busy.  We have ball practice, Ladies Bible Study, ball games (two this week), Discovery, and work!  Plus, a little girl I know and her Nanny will be celebrating a birthday in 8 more days :)
 
Beth
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a