Skip to main content

Summer Week 1

Our first full week of summer was great! Of course Monday was Memorial Day and I posted about that already...so on Tuesday all three of the kids had appointments to get their teeth cleaned. Not the most fun thing to do but since it takes so long to get another appointment I decided we should keep it. I am proud to say that their teeth are sparkling white :) We found out that Carlie has to have her wisdom teeth removed sometime this summer (or later depending on the oral surgeon we see) or she will need braces...again! She is a little freaked out right now but I think she'll be fine. Trey has to get a filling next week (boo!). Makena was good to go!!
Wednesday we just chilled out and went swimming in between the pop-up storms...which have been happening almost everyday for a week now....go away, already!
Thursday the girls and I went to Little Rock with my mom...kind of a "girls day" while Trey went to Batesville with my dad. We all had a good time and came back with all kind of goodies.
On Friday we went grocery shopping. I spent twice as much as I usually do and came home with half as much....that's what happens when you shop with three kids! We also had a family movie night. The nights movie was "Harry and the Hendersons". My kids had never seen it and they loved it!
Saturday was a slow wacky day. The motor and pump went out on my parents pool so it had to be replaced. Carl got to help out with that fun. We also worked on reapolstering the boat seats....not easy! We did make a trip to the pool when it was all fixed.
And then on Sunday we went to church (duh!) and then while the girls and I went swimming, Carl and Trey mowed and groomed the yard. Trey decided he was hot and needed to cool off in the sprinkler... What is it about a sprinkler in the summer?! They have a huge pool to swim in and the sprinkler has always thrilled them :)
We had a new friend named Daniel come swim with us.
He is our pastor's nephew and only a year younger than Trey, so they played well together.
 
My kids, doing their thing at the pool...notice the clouds..yeah, we're real sick of those!! 
When we were in Little Rock shopping, Makena went to her new favorite store, Torrid.
We love this store.  Makena loves it because she can find cute, stylish clothes that fit her and that she looks good in.  I love this store for two reasons. First of all they are SUPER nice, and they are not twigs (which would be a little awkward since this is store for sizes 10 to plus), and they always make Makena feel so special.  The second reason I like it is because as a mother of a plus sized daughter, it isn't always easy to find clothes that fit and make her feel beautiful and that it what this does for her..it gives her a little more confidence :) I am thankful for stores like these and if you're a hater who has anything negative to say about plus-sized kids or adults just stop reading now because I have no tolerance for ignorant people!
 
Trey got a boat and ended up watching  the movie at our movie night inside of it with all of his pillows and blankets.  He wanted to sleep in it, but I was the party pooper that said, "NO"!
 
Makena on her giant flamingo, Fawn! 
 
A meeting of the minds?!  I have no idea what they were discussing, but it must have been intense!
 
My three before church.
The girls are rocking their new clothes!
 
Boys will be boys! 
Sprinkler fun!!
 
Overall, I think it was an awesome first week of summer!!
 
Much Love,
Beth 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a