Skip to main content

Goodbye, Sassy!

A while back I mentioned a few things that happened that kind of turned our world upside down.  I felt as though I was somewhat getting over it (or used to it) then BAM something else happened.  On Monday, July 15 around 7 a.m., I got a phone call that I never wanted to get.  It was Carl telling me that Carlie had been in an accident in Little Rock.  I felt like my heart stopped beating.  I called my parents and they took me over there. Makena stayed at home with Trey because I didn't have time to wait on them.  I knew that she was ok (maybe a broken bone in her hand) and that no one else was involved. The whole ride over there I felt numb and light headed. I am not made for trauma situations.
Turns out, she had a blowout on her back tire and ended up bouncing off of the wall about three times. I hate looking at this picture. We are so thankful that Carlie wasn't hurt, even though we can't say the same for Sassy Saturn.

Carl snapped this picture. Poor baby!


When we finally got to see her, she and Carl were at the hospital.  She was checked out and had no broken bones but did have a sprain in her back and her hand was pretty banged up.  What did she want to do after we left the hospital?  Go to school.  Yep, you read that right. She insisted that she was fine and wanted to go to school.  So we let her go.  A friend of hers dropped her off at another friends office where she stayed until my dad and Carl could get back to pick her up. They went to get her car at the wrecker service and bring it back home. She caught a ride to school the next day and then I had to take her in one day before she was able to get a new car.
Ya'll don't even know how blessed we were during all of this (mainly because I can't disclose it).  The fact that no other cars were involved was nothing short of a miracle.
God is faithful to his children. He blesses (and sometimes punishes) those who belong to Him.
Through my darkest hours He is still reminding me of His goodness.

Much Love,
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a