Skip to main content

Alone At Last!

Finally....I get to spend a little time at home ALONE!  I almost feel guilty saying that, but lets face it, everybody needs some time to themselves every once in a while :)  After I dropped the kids off at school this morning I was able to get my groceries and come home turn on some Pandora and clean!  I cleaned out the cabinets, got all my laundry washed (and put away), cleaned T's messy room, swept, dusted, vacuumed, and got my messy room cleaned up!  I still have to finish the bathrooms.....and here I am blogging.  I guess I just needed a break :)
Here are a few pictures from last week (well, mostly Sunday)
Poor Carlie didn't feel good on Sunday morning and was running a little bit of a fever, so I stayed home from church with her.  Poor Oscar looks a little scared!!
Makena and Trey were ready to go!

Carl and Trey.....I think T had taken a hat off his head and that's why his hair was such a mess!  I was very thankful that he felt good enough to go that morning.  He never really stopped going.  I guess it's just his age.

I got lots of cleaning while they were at church, mainly the girls room.  Because of our busy week last week and me being sick, it was looking very neglected.  Carlie rested with Oscar while I spent an hour in there!  She was mainly complaining of her ears, and I was hoping they weren't infected. 
My dad left for Atlanta on Sunday afternoon and my mom watched Carlie for me on Sunday night so Carl could go lead singing and I could teach my class.  When we got back she had turkey burgers and chicken cooked for us!  We just stayed over there since it was storming and thankfully we missed the tornado's that came through here.  We know of several people in the southern part of our county that had shops and even some houses damaged and demolished. 
We all made it to school/work on Monday and even though Carlie was still complaining with ear pain, she didn't have any fever so I just gave here ibuprofen.  It was gone by Tuesday :)
The kids get brown envelopes with grades (from the previous week) in them every Tuesday and I was so proud of Makena for her all A's.  She has had a least one B in the envelopes most every week since school started (not on report cards) but this week she was on her game!  Carlie actually had a B in hers which was a little surprising, but she did get an A on her book report :)  Trey is now a reading machine!!  He is so cute sounding the words out.  We read almost every night and he is now recognizing the words (some) without having to sound them all out.  Mrs. Odom says he is a great student.  Now it we could just learn to stay in our seat, keep our hands to our self, and keep our mouth shut, we would be great!!!  He always seems to slip up on the two days I'm not working......I wonder if that's planned?!
Poor Carl, he is so bored.  He did go to work everyday this week, but they aren't doing much and now he's going NUTS!!  Next week duck season goes out, so things will be back to normal :)
Court went OK.  We made an agreement for him to take a lesser time (55 days instead of 90) and a restraining order against him for a year.  Now it's looking like he will serve no time.....he was in rehab for about 6 weeks right after this incident, so now it's looking like that time will count.  I'm sure there are many factors as to why, but I'm guessing that no room has a little to do with it.  I can't complain, he's no longer in AR and my family is all here and safe.  Live and Learn.
On another subject, we play in another basketball game tomorrow night against another private school in town.  Carl's boys are also playing right after us and I think there are two more games after that! Should be a fun night of ball!
I think that's pretty much the week wrapped into one post....I know it was a lot.  Maybe I'll get better about posting when I'm not so busy...HA!
For now, I'm going back to cleaning :)
Adios friends!!
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a