Skip to main content

Easter Part 2: Baskets and More Baskets!

A few years ago I started doing Easter baskets on Saturday night, rather than having to get up early on Sunday morning and do them.  Most Sundays are hectic as it is, and to add the stress of trying to make everyone look especially nice and make take to do Easter baskets is just too much.  I also wanted to keep Easter Sunday about the real meaning of Easter, not the bunny.
So, here it is Saturday Easter Basket time!!
My Mom and Dad brought these buckets over for the kids first.  She had all kinds of goodies in there for them.  Of course they all got beach towels (that's kind of their thing since we swim at their pool!), the girls got nail polish, jewels to put on their nails, markers, and candy. Trey got a Play-Doh set with a truck in it, a coloring book and markers, and candy.  They loved them, of course.  Carlie's towel had flip-flops on it, Makena's had cute little fish on it, and Trey's was pirate of course!
 
Grammy and Papa came down to check on Trey and bring the kids some candy eggs with money in them.  Of course money is always a hit!
 
Next they got their baskets from me and Carl.  I have to admit, I went a bit overboard.  I love getting Easter basket stuff, but the problem is, all that little "stuff" adds up before you know it.  Especially with three kids!  I never know when to stop!!
Carlie even acted excited to get all her stuff.  She really liked that I remembered about a poster she recently saw at the store.  She didn't think I paid any attention to which one she wanted, and certainly didn't think I'd get it for her :)  I love to add little surprises in!
She also got a dry-erase board for her room, a cup, sidewalk chalk, candy, a necklace, and a pair of sunglasses like she was wanting.
This is the poster.  It says,
I'm not a perfect girl.
My hair doesn't always stay in place.
I spill things a lot.
I'm very clumsy.
Sometimes I have a broken heart,
My friends and I sometimes fight.
Maybe some days nothing goes right,
but when I think about it & take a step back,
I remember how amazing life truly is
And through all my imperfections,
GOD STILL LOVES ME.
This is the cup she had been asking for.  It looks like a mason jar, but it 's plastic and has a straw.
 I found three different colors, so I got all of them one, but Makena was really happy about hers.  I told you she is silly!  She also got sidewalk chalk, a giant bouncy ball, candy, a dry erase board, and  perfume.
 

And Trey with his most favorite thing a Monster Jam set.  It has different things that the trucks can crush and it has a ramp.  He loved it.  It's kind of funny because every time we would go in Wal-Mart he would want one of their pre-made baskets.  I've actually done those baskets before, but this year I wanted to do my own thing.  I kept telling him that I would do a better job, but he wasn't convinced.  He finally agreed to let me fix him one up instead of buying one.  After he opened it he said, "Mom you're basket is WAY better than the one at Wal-Mart"!  That's what I was aiming for :)
He got candy, the Monster Jam set, sidewalk chalk, a shave set, and a bouncy ball.
 
Despite Trey's pneumonia, we are still trying to have a good time!
 
Beth
 
 
 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a