Skip to main content

Makena's Class Trip: Delta Rivers Nature Center

Today was the beginning of field trip season!  I get to go on three field trips over the next three days!!  It will be exciting and busy!  I love that I get to spend a day focused on each of them with their class and friends.  It should be fun! 
Today we ventured to the Delta Rivers Nature Center in Pine Bluff.  We went there (our family) a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun, but it is so much different going in a big group!  We went on a nature hike, watched them feed gold fish to some really big fish, archery (Makena's favorite part!), and we also got to play with all the stuff in the center itself.  The kids had fun, but I think most of them are like Makena and agree that archery was the best!  After we were done there we went to the park, which was just around the corner and played for a little while, but man was it hot today!  Most of the time I wouldn't complain, but between these injections I'm getting (hot flash city!!) and the fact that we have to wear pants or long capri's (I had on jeans!), I was ready to leave the park within 20 minutes!!  So after we left, the teacher took them to McDonald's and got them all an ice cream cone :)
It was a great day and I'm so glad that I got to spend it with my sweet Makena!
Makena and friends looking off the bridge

Mommy and Makena day!!
 
Cam, Hailee, Anna Grace, and Makena listening to our guide, who by the way, was really full of himself.
 
If you look closely you can see a deer.  That deer was either deaf or half stupid to not run off when all of our bunch was coming down the trail!
 
She was happy because she had already shot once and was the best (of course)!
The other kids were at a disadvantage against her :)
 
Samantha and Makena
 
Fun at the Park!  This is a silly picture :)
 
"You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways."
Psalm 139:3
 
Beth

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a