Skip to main content

Homeschool Musings and More!

Carlie Erin, working hard on her Algebra 2

Makena Faith does NOT love Physical Science (yet).  Hopefully she will like it a little more as the year goes on !!

Trey had his first soccer practice on Tuesday evening.  He loved it!  I think it is so great that he is able to have some time with "the boys" (there are about 4 girls on his team also, but he mostly hangs with the boys)!

We took about half a day off from school on Tuesday and went to Little Rock with my mom.  We made a Sam's run, stopped by Academy, and then we went to the mall.  I have been needing a new fall scent.  I actually had this one last year and I loved it.  So marshmallow pumpkin latte it is!

We started the Gospel Project at Church on Wednesday night.
Our lessons are about Elijah for a while.  This week it was about his confrontation with evil King Ahab.  I found this cute craft on Pinterest for my kids to do.  They loved it!  They just thought it was too cool that I picked up sticks out of my yard and tore up paper for them to craft with!!

Me (looking ratchet) and Makena Faith at Trey's soccer practice tonight.  She and I had a good time watching him.  Boys are just different and a little gross.  When he got in the car he took off his shin guards and said, "look, there is sweat running down them" (and there was)!  Carl didn't get to start harvesting rice today because they were working on the combine and then it showered a bit, so he stayed at home with Carlie who is running a fever and has a sore throat (lovely).  She probably needs her tonsils taken out, but literally freaks out any time you mention surgery!

And the coolest (homeschool) teacher award goes to me!  I mean, how many teachers can say they wear their snuggly leopard bathrobe AND matching socks to teach in?!

This was Trey at practice tonight.  He really does like it and seems to be catching on quickly.
We call him the T-train!

Busy, Busy Week!!

Much Love,
Beth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a