Skip to main content

Move-In Day 2020

 Well we did it! On Friday we moved our girl, Makena to college. It is Monday and I am just now able to sit and write about it. I was an emotional mess pretty much all of last week but had to put up a strong front because I didn't want her to know it. She did know it though. She is pretty sensitive to things like that. That is part of why I miss her so much!  No,no...I can't go there!

I rode in the car with Makena and Carl and Trey took our car. 

Everybody was busy putting her stuff together and in order. I had forgotten how stressful this can be. Everyone is hot, emotions are high...but we did it and nobody died🤣

We finally got her bed together after we sent the boys out❤ 

Desk area complete! Her smile says it all.

I'm a proud mom of a Tiger!!

Makena and her Daddy

Makena and her Nanny made this sign for her door.

Makena and her roommate, Ashlyn

Welcome Home gathering on the lawn.

God love her, she has spent his whole life trying to keep him out of trouble! He's all on his own now!!

Picture before we had to leave her.

This may be a little TMI, but after my little cry session, this was the inside of my mask! I'm kind of thankful that i had to wear this useless thing for once....it hid my ugly cry.
 

 It was a busy day that was full of emotions. I am glad that part is over. Carl cried when we got to the car. Trey thought we were crazy,  but he was a sad (I could tell). Makena loves the college experience so far and that makes it a little easier for us. She started classes today and likes them all. There is one teacher that she isn't crazy about and that is her history teacher. She said she is very liberal...welcome to the real world sister! They are everywhere. 

I still get emotional every now and then. When we are all sitting at the table and her seat is empty, seeing her empty seat in church....and the list goes on. When Carlie started surgical tech school last year it was an adjustment, especially when she stayed at the apartment. That time when she was away gave me the opportunity to deepen my bond with my sweet middle baby. We became bff's. She is such an encourager and I'm happy she can be that to others. God has big things in store for her!

Much Love,

Beth
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a