Skip to main content

Our Mini Beach Trip

Good Monday morning, friends! We made it back home from our most favorite spot in the qorld: Gulf Shores, Alabama.  We love the beach. This year was so different for us, and most all of them are related to COVID. First and foremost, this was the first time I have EVER gone on vacation without all three kids (well, since I've had three kids). This year Carlie has a *real job* (& for that we are thankful), but since she works in the operating room, she wasn't allowed to go out of the state without having to quarantine for 14 days after returning (thank-you, coronavirus). We knew last year that she would probably have a job and may not be able to go, but momma can always hope! So, she stayed home while we headed eight hours south. It literally killed my momma heart.
Because of Covid we couldn't stay in our same condo. The number of occupants per floor was decreased by half, so we stayed about 2 miles east in a condo by the same company. Things were a little more wild on this end. We were close to the public beach access, close to a dive bar, and close to The Hangout...like we could stand out on the balcony and get a good view and hear all the live music we wanted, until 11 or later. My problem was that there was rarely a time when there wasn't some kind of noise. I like listening to the waves. And while yes, you could still hear them, it was also harder to hear them. Don't get me wrong, it was nice, just busy...all.the.time.
We also had to stay in the car a little more going down and coming back, and wear those useless masks when we did get out. We obeyed the rules in places where they were enforced.

❤❤❤

Love my girl. We are soaking in all the days we have with her at home.

She stole her Daddy's hat and I took Trey's. 

How cute are they😍

❤Love them❤
I also hate that Carlie is missing. 

Listening to live music at The Hangout 🎶

The best atmosphere in town 

Sweet Home Alabama

Another one of our favorite spots to eat is Bubba's.
I took this picture because we thought it was kind of ironic that SpongeBob was playing in the TV.

This is how we liked to spend time before going out!

T-Man loved this spot. We had the corner this year and we loved it!
The side where he is standing faced The Hangout and the front faced the Gulf of Mexico.
He caught the attention of several girls from this spot and became known as "mullett boy". I lost count of how many Snaps he collected. Let me just say that when the it comes to the opposite gender, it doesn't matter if you have a daughter or a son, you WILL be the overprotective mother. 

Not a great picture of me, but Carl is cute...and let's talk about that moon🤩

My babies

Just chillin'

Several years ago Makena wanted to go parasailing, so we went: me, Trey, and Makena. I went double with T and Makena wanted to go alone. Carl wanted to go but just couldn't make himself do it. Well, this was his year. In the words of Trey, "None of us will probably make it thru 2020 anyway, just do it."  So he did!

Flying High

Just a little dip!
I think it's safe to say that he loved it! He isn't really a thrill speaker. I'm the roller coaster junkie. I wanted to skydive and bungee jump, definitely not Carl!!

This is as close to a family picture as we got. 
I just wasn't feeling like getting dressed up for a family picture when we were missing a kid.

Again, in his spot😂
He is the redneck Romeo!

I forgot about this one.
Makena was striking the "Wilson Wilson" pose.
In reality she woke up with a fever blister and wasn't feeling like having her picture taken. 

Home is through the tunnel...around 400 miles on the other side😉
See ya next trip!!


Covid, you suck but we still had a good time😛

Much Love,
Beth







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a