Skip to main content

The Weekend: Super Busy Edition

 Hey friends! Hope you all had a good weekend. It was a very fast-paced one here on the homestead.  

Friday night we had a baby shower for a friends daughter at our church. Like I mentioned in my previous post, it was a small group. It was a nice shower.

                Me with Bonnie and Makena Faith

Saturday was just going to be an ordinary day. Carl had to work because one of his co-workers was out of town. We were just trying to soak up every last minute with our sweet Makena Faith. I knew that Caleb and Carlie were going to a fancy restaurant..one that requires super nice clothes. I was also aware that the day after we returned from vacation Carlie's boyfriend, Caleb had talked with Carl about marrying Carlie. I had been holding that secret inside for almost a week (Makena and Trey knew and I finally told my mom on Friday). Sure enough Saturday was the day. She sent me a picture of her ring and a plate of dessert that said "Congratulations and Best Wishes". We are super proud and excited for her. 

The future Mrs. Price ❤❤

I snapped this one before they left.
They are so cute together!

Sunday was *church day* like it is every week.  I had Caleb take a picture of our family right after church. I'm over here commemorating all of the lasts and Makena says, "Mom, you do realize that I'll be back in two weeks, right?". That makes me feel a little better (I guess!). 

I love these people so much!


We had lunch with my family at my parent's house. The only picture I took was of Ellie Kate and Makena Faith.
These two are cousin buddies

I took a quick nap after lunch and Carl had to head back out to the farm.  Thankfully his co-worker came back Sunday afternoon and he didn't have to check his water because we had an anniversary party to go to for my grandparents after church.  They are celebrating 70 years of marriage!  I am thankful for the example that they have set for our family and I am also thankful for the time my kids have had with them.  Grammy is slowly declining and it is so sad to watch (dementia is an awful disease) and Papa will be 92 in two weeks! They are so precious to us.


Trey and my cousin Shane played "Living on Love" by Alan Jackson. They did a great job.

It was a busy weekend, and a fun weekend.  I am refraining myself from starting all the wedding things until college move-in weekend is finished. Part of me wishes I could just fast forward all of the sadness of leaving my sweet Makena Faith and push play on when she comes back home in a couple of weeks.  

Much Love,
Beth



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a