Skip to main content

No Friend of Mine

 I have found myself falling back into old habits lately. Bad habits. I stay up way too late at night and I struggle to get up by 7:30 the next day. Not only do I stay up too late but I have noticed that since Sunday I haven't had "restful" sleep. I can't get comfortable, tossing and turn all.night.long. I have also woken in the wee hours of the morning, unable to go back to sleep. BUT WHY?? 

Bad habit #2: picking up my phone first thing. Darn social media...Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat...and the list goes on. When I first get up I head on over the the Gram. This morning that lead me straight to TicTok.  

*Sidebar- I have recently tried to make a conscious effort to go to my Bible app because if I have to pick up my phone first thing, at least it can be to fill my head with meaningful words to start my day*   Do you see how that can turn into an hour of scrolling? These beasts we call social media....we have to fuel the beasts. Have you noticed how it's called your "feed"? We must feed the beast. 

Once I remembered that I was supposed to be on the Bible app first, I quickly headed there instead of going any further on TikTok. What is the first thing I see on my YouVersion Story?  "What are you holding on to? Today we'll see how to trust God with whatever burdens we're carrying."

I have been struggling all week with this very thing. I have pushed through all of the sleepless nights, headaches, and heart flutters..but as this hurricane and the weekend approach, I know what is happening. Anxiety is building up. I have spoken numerous times on this platform about my anxiety. It is definitely not a friend of mine. 

I read on and the Verse of the Day comes from Jeremiah 31:25 : " I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."  Wow. Isn't it amazing how God speaks to you? His Word is always relevant. 



I will NOT give in to my anxiety. I WILL focus on giving all of my burdens to The One who can handle all things. He is all powerful. He doesn't need my help.  God said it; I believe it!

Do you struggle with anxiety? Cast all of your cares on Him then let it go. 

Much Love, 

Beth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a