Skip to main content

Parenting For His Glory

 

The five Mungers of 2005
This is our first picture as a family of 5.

When I think back to this very moment I think of how important it was for me as a mother to have it all together.  My family was complete in the sense that no more babies were coming. I had both genders, something that I desperately wanted. I had a loving husband, a house, a minivan (oh yes I did...and I loved that thing!). I don't remember my exact goals but they were pretty shallow and were something to the tune of this: be hot momma/wife, with kids that went to the best schools (which later led to being the best at everything in their classes), wore the best clothes, and were in the popular activities, attended church for every service (at least I desired some form of Jesus for my family).
 I would never have admitted it, but I wanted to be the one that everyone in my circle envied.
Ya'll...that was: exhausting, unattainable, and just completely dumb!

The five Mungers of 2019.

So many things have happened between then and now. If you've been reading here for very long, you know all of that, though. I was exhausted mentally. We backed away from a lot in an effort to simplify our lives. Things that used to be important to us are a lot farther down on the list.

Do you know what I wish someone had insisted I hear and value early on in parenting? This pretty much sums it up: "My children are God's children, given to bring Him glory, not trophy my success" -Paul Tripp, Age of Opportunity.  
I wanted them to be perfect little trophies. They weren't. I spent longer than I should have in grief and tears because the story wasn't going how *I* had drafted it. I look at them now and I thank God for the extraordinary people they are and continue to become- even though the story still doesn't go the way I wish sometimes. God knows and He is making all things beautiful in His time. 
Let go of your idea of perfection and watch the Holy Spirit do His work. 

Much Love,
Beth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a