Skip to main content

Mid-Week News

 I haven't been posting on Wednesdays so far this year because I have either been sick, or there just wasn't anything exciting going on here on the homestead.  I mean, you can only post so many pictures of animals (although maybe I could use that as an excuse to get more animals👀). 

Remember that awesome exciting news I have just been dying to share?! Well here it is:

I'm going to be a grandma!! I have known for about 2 or 3 weeks now and it has been so hard to keep a secret.  I have told a few people (with Carlie's permission of course), but they announced it tonight. And I was not prepared for the tears that came when she sent me a video of the heartbeat😢.  Now I just have to pick out a grandma name!

Macy thinks she is happy to be a big sister!

More good news from the homestead- Ouachita finally released their official Dean's List for Fall 2021 and looky who is on it:
I'm so proud of my baby girl.

So you may ask what T has been up to.  Well, he has been doing school, fishing, and helping our neighbor with his cows.  Although he is 16, he can't drive alone because he has to wait 6 months after he passed his driver's test (it was a week after he turned 16). That is coming up next weekend. It is something that I have been secretly dreading for the past 6 months.  It isn't necessarily his driving that I'm worried about, it is the fact that he is planning to get a job (and I know he should) but I know that is just another step in him growing up and one step closer to him leaving me...and he is my baby. Thankfully I won't wake up to him being 18, graduated, and ready to leave tomorrow. But I know it is coming all too soon.  He is a good boy though and we are looking into him taking some college classes in the summer (per HIS suggestion😁). He will be fine.  I will be fine.  I WILL BE FINE.

Trey doing Algebra 2 and Boone sleeping.

We are about to be super busy replacing the flooring in our house. Send prayers that we will still be married when it's over😊

Other than having that nasty virus at the beginning of the month, this year has been great so far.  Carl got a raise, Carlie is going to have a baby, Makena is doing great at school, and Trey is growing up to be a great young man. And although life isn't always great, God is.  He has blessed me and my family through the good times and the bad times.

Much Love,
Beth












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a