Skip to main content

Weekend Recap: Celebration Edition

Good Monday morning!  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  We had a great one here on the homestead.  Since it was Makena's last weekend home for a couple of weeks, we decided to have a little celebration.  Carl was off on Friday and smoked some BBQ.  We invited Carlie and Caleb over and my dad also came (my mom was in Little Rock with my sister), and we fixed my grandparents some plates to go (they don't get out very much, especially in the cold). The food was great (well, I am still unable to taste much, but everyone said it was good).  
Trey started his youth bowling league back on Saturday morning and I didn't even take one picture! That is a mom fail for sure!! He bowled fair, but he hasn't bowled since the last session ended.  He will be bowling in the state tournament again this spring.  That is always one of my favorite times. 
Makena and Carlie went to get their nails done with my mom, sister and niece while we were with T.  Afterwards we went to shop for Makena's LBD.  She found one and it looks so good on here.  I can't wait for her to send me a picture (it is for a rush party on Friday night). I think she is actually going to go through with rush.  I'm not sure exactly why she changed her mind last year, but it gave her a chance to get her bearings on school.  Now she knows how to manage her time and schedule a little better.  


My two big kids ready for Sunday Morning Church

We celebrated my niece, Ellie Kate's 12th birthday at Sunday lunch

Makena Faith and Ellie Kate

Carl and Tim

Toby Lewis

Pop...on his phone!

Cowboy Trey


Make a wish sweet girl!

We were supposed to get snow late Saturday night into Sunday morning.  We got a light dusting...very light dusting, so we went on with our usual Sunday.  Carl made delicious blueberry waffles, per Makena's request.  We packed her up and she left around 3.  I always hate to see her leave, but I am so proud of her. 
Today Trey will not be taking the day off.  We took Friday off instead.  Just another homeschool perk!
We have, however talked about Martin Luther King, Jr. plenty of times.  I think one of the most impactful trips we have taken was when we went to the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis.  My kids have talked about it many times stating how they would all like to go back sometime.

Much Love,
Beth






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a