Skip to main content

Our Weekend

This, folks, is what we get in
Southeast AR: 100 percent ICE!!
The girls at Red Lobster

The Boys at Red Lobster

Saturday after all the laundry was caught up, all the kids had been fed, and I FINALLY got a shower, we decided to take a road trip to Pine Bluff. We hit the mall (mainly Dillard's), Lowe's, and Red Lobster. We had a great day of being out of our house. I think that if we would've spent one more day in that house we would have killed each other!
To all you girls who have or are about to have sweet, precious little girls this is what you are in for: big girls with BIG ATTITUDES!!! If you didn't notice in our picture of "the girls" above, Carlie isn't exactly smiling. She was mad about something and being very uncooperative. Had someone told me that she could turn into such a little monster when she was a cute little baby, I probably would have said, "Not my child". Watch what you say people, you WILL eat crow. Your child will NOT be perfect. There will be times that you want to walk away from them in a store, when you want to say "Not the Momma"! She will be 10 in November, and man, I'll tell you right now, I'm not looking forward to the teen years ahead. She can be such a little angel one minute and then BAM! Makena has gotten so spoiled (since her surgery) that she has been throwing fits and stomping every time she doesn't get her way. Thankfully, we had minimal outbursts on Saturday:)
Sunday we had our 5Th Sunday services at our church which includes eating after morning worship and then having a time of singing before we dismiss for the day. After we got home I was extremely sick at my stomach. I still don't feel well. I have three beautiful blisters on my mouth and one in my nose. I know, TMI.
We went to DeWitt tonight looking for the "right" TV. Carl has been set on a TV for months now, and now that it is time to get one he is dragging his feet on the deal! Just get one for goodness sake!! I sent him to Wal-Mart the other night to get a DVD player, a simple DVD player. He comes home with a DVD player with surround sound speakers....we had a few words.
I'll be the first to admit, I love the surround sound, but don't tell him!!
Makena has an appointment at ACH tomorrow for her eyes. I'm just praying that he will go ahead and do the surgery to correct her problem. It should be a simple outpatient surgery to tighten the muscles in her left eye. We've been going to see him every 6 months for a year and a half now, I'm not sure what he's waiting on, but I think it's time to make a decision on this!
So that's what we did/have been doing during our winter weather. Hope you were all safe and had a great weekend:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a