Skip to main content

Sick Kids and A New Car

This will be a no picture kind of post--an update of sorts:) After our busy week last week this week has seemed to creep by!! Maybe it's because I've had sick kids and have been house bound or maybe because we are looking forward to our trip to Memphis this weekend, whatever it is, JUST HURRY UP AND BE FRIDAY ALREADY!!!! Carlie started getting sick on Saturday night--sore throat, headache, earache, all that good stuff. I kept her home from church because she was running a little fever and I didn't want her to get anyone else sick(wish all parents were this considerate!). By Sunday night Makena started complaining of the same thing so I gave them both medicine to help them(and me) sleep. They both went to school on Monday but were still complaining and now Trey was getting sick, but he was WAY worse. So I took him to the doctor on Tuesday. He has an upper respiratory infection and got antibiotics, a refill on his inhaler, and steroids to use for the next three days! In the midst of all the sickness at our house, my sweetheart husband decided that we needed a new vehicle. So on Monday I got to say "bye bye gross van" and "Hello SUV"!! I was very happy with his choice. I would have been happy with another van, because let's face it, I've got three kids and had just reserved myself to the fact that I needed the space. We had been looking at a Honda van that I just loved, but Carl still insisted that he didn't want a van. After driving the new car the better part of this week I have come to realize that the kids are older now and do not have those awful car seats that take up so much room (well except for Trey), so we do fit quite comfortably in our new SUV:) We'll see how it will be having all three of them side-by-side when we head to Memphis this weekend for the Mid-South Farm and Gin Show. The kids are thrilled because they get to go swimming in the hotel:) I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures to post on Sunday!! Happy Hump Day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a