Skip to main content

Garrett Christmas

Last night we went to DeWitt to my Papaw's for Christmas with my Dad's side of the family.  We had lots of laughs, good food, and of course gifts for the kids.  The adults played Dirty Santa and  I was the good wife and got Carl what he wanted because I was lucky #1!  He ended up with two really nice gifts, but I didn't really care.  Dirty Santa is my least favorite thing about Christmas.  It's just not fun to me.  I don't enjoy taking gifts away from people or ending up with the gift that nobody else wants!  The kids got movies, toys, money, and they each got a subscription to a magazine, which might not have thrilled them at the time, but I know they will enjoy it throughout the year.  I wasn't a very good photographer last night and didn't get very many pictures, but here are the few that I did get.
Makena was hiding behind her DS

Chowing down!

Trey, Austin, and Derek...what did we do before DS's?

We got Austin a tabletop foosball game and let me
tell you it was a HIT!!  All the kids couldn't wait to
play :)

Well, that's two down and three more to go!!  We have our church Christmas Program tonight and I can't wait to see it!  They have been working on this since October (Sunday's only) and I'm sure they'll all do a good job.  I really am thankful that we have people who work with the kids on stuff like that.  It really takes lots of patience and organization, neither of which are my strong points!  Makena woke up with a bad sore throat (without fever) and went to church this morning but I'm hoping that she'll be able to make it through her solo tonight (cross your fingers).  Six more days until the madness ends!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a