Skip to main content

A Fun Day in Small Town USA

It's amazing how well they get along when nobody else is around!

Makena was being sweet and played ball with Trey.

Papa stopped by to visit on the Gator and Trey came over to catch a ride.
 
This is what takes up most of Carl's time these days. The jet boat that I have named, "The Money Pit".  He hasn't officially named it yet, but I believe if he were able all of his money would go to it.  Just a bit of a sore spot around here!
 
It was one of the first pretty, warm, days since Spring Break, and we had lots to do outside.  We tried to enjoy every minute of it!  I've been a little hesitant about letting Trey stay outside and get too hot since his pneumonia (even though the doctor said he's fine), but he got to go out and play as much as he wanted today.  Carl woke up early this morning and put two pork butts on the grill.  He loves to cook meat.  And while I love to eat it, I don't love smelling the smoke from the grill all day!
  Earlier in the week Carl had two loads of gravel delivered to the house to go out to the shop.  We have talked about doing this for a while, and today he finally got the chance to spread it with the tractor.  The kids had fun helping and climbing on top of it.  I was surprised that Trey never rode his bike up and down it.....maybe he asked and Carl told him "no"!  You never know with him :)
 

This was the second meat he pulled off the grill.  I know, it looks burnt, but wasn't at all.  It was sooo good!

We invited my parents to come over and eat with us.  We had meat (either pulled and eaten plain or as a BBQ sandwich), potatoes (even if they do make your butt big!), black-eyed peas, and my very favorite:

Steamed Squash.  I would used to only eat it fried, but now (since I can hardly eat anything fried), I LOVE it steamed.  And yes, I know it's so much better for you too! 
Everyone left the table full, for sure.
 
It was such a beautiful day to spend outside.  I feel so blessed to live where I live (in Rural Arkansas) and be able to enjoy all the slower-paced things of life.
 
Beth
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a