Skip to main content

A Birthday Party & An Update


We celebrated my niece, Ellie Kate's 9th birthday over the weekend.  It's hard to believe that she is already 9 years old.  We celebrated with a gymnastics party and ended up dancing with her wii u switch.  Carl and I may or may not have danced also!  Hope there are no videos of that floating around somewhere!!

Happy Birthday, princess!

Ellie and Brookelynn 

Makena couldn't do much, but at least she was able to come.

I may or may not have swiped this pic from EK's step mom. 
She loves to cheer!


Now I'm just going to take a moment to give you all a couple of quick updates.  Makena went for her check-up with the nurse practitioner on Tuesday.  She told us that the incision itself looks great and that all of the pain that she is still feeling is completely normal for some people.  I guess we were just hoping that we would be in the group of people who felt instant relief.  We go back to see her surgeon in 6 weeks and the nurse said that she should be doing tons better by then.  I really pray that is the case.
She did pretty well walking around and riding but was super sore the next day. They lowered her pain medications and said if she doesn't have to take them, she is clear to drive after Friday (the 2 week mark). Hearing that good news really did her good, but you wanna know what did her the most good? People coming to see her.  On Monday she had four visitors, and two of them brought her goodies! Nana and Papaw TR came to visit over the weekend.  It's great to call and check on someone.  It's great to send a text (and we are thankful for all of the calls and texts we received!), but if you really want to show someone you care, go see them in person.  It really lifted her spirits. I know this but I fail often at actually doing it.  That's on my list of things to work on this year.
Also, I want to give a quick update on my dad.  He went back to see his cancer doctor on Tuesday (same day as Makena) to have his numbers checked and praise God, they were all zeros!!  We have really been praying over the past two months.  He was really down because when he went for his first time the numbers hadn't changed a whole lot. God saw fit to give us this victory and for that I am thankful.
One more update for you guys.  I told you a couple of posts ago about Carlie getting accepted to three schools this month. I also told you that she (thinks) she really wants to attend UCA in Conway.  I went to the mailbox on Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised that she got a letter from one of the other colleges saying that she had gotten their presidential scholarship!  I was super pumped because this is a smaller, private, Christian school (even though it is about an hour farther away from home than UCA).  We'll just say that the letter put this school back on her radar. I just keep praying for God to put her where she needs to be.

Much Love,
Beth





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Friday Favorites

 It's been a hot minute since I've linked up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for a Friday Favorites! This is me trying to get back into my blogging groove :) I came across this little dress last year when we moved, and I knew it would be fit Wrenley this summer! It was Makena's circa 2004.  I just love it when a plan comes together.  A favorite for sure! Look at those babies. Twenty years has flown by. Miss Wrenley Beth. She doesn't look a thing like her momma, but definitely has Aunt Makena's sass! Hopefully as her hair grows, she will get Carlie's curls. We have been doing as much outdoor activities as possible.  That includes one of my favorite things...fishing! Carl, showing off his big bass. We weren't technically bass fishing, but whatever bites. It'll eat! Of course we have also been going to the river.  Our kids weren't able to go with us, so we just took the jet ski.   It has been raining so the water is a gross brown. I didn't say we went swi