Skip to main content

January Favorites

I honestly cannot believe that as I am posting this there are only three days left in this month! It's already going by faster than I would like. Having a high school senior really makes me want to savor each day. My grandmother asked me just yesterday what we were going to do if, in fact, Carlie chooses the school farther away. My response: "I don't know, I'm just taking one day at a time". That is the truth because even though I know what will probably come (college), I cannot let myself dwell on that, i.e. how will I handle it, how our family dynamic will change... I would be a big emotional ball of anxious mess if I did. God is in control and He gives me just enough grace for each day. He has helped many a momma sending their "babies" off to college, and I have every bit of confidence that He will help me.

Now back to the reason for this post, my January favorites.
The first favorite I want to share is my Happy Planner. I love planners and have since I was in middle school (kinda nerdy, I know). I have always picked planners for functionality. I have an old (like 2003, old) Day Runner that I love. I bought refills for it until I couldn't find them at Walmart anymore. I'm a creature of habit and the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", is pretty much my mantra.

The Day Runner in boring black.
Ya'll, it has an address book in it that I STILL use.
I just can't part with it!

The Happy Planner.
Isn't it so pretty? It makes me happy!

And the stickers that you can buy to decorate the pages are endless!

I look forward to decorating it every Sunday.

My second favorite of the month is ABC's A Million Little Things. I think it may air on Wednesday nights but I only watch it on Hulu after it airs. It's seriously so good!


I also found this book at the second hand store where Carlie works. I had seen in on blogs awhile back but I just never got around to buying it. I'm glad I didn't because I only paid two bucks for it. I will confess that I was never a big Big Mama blog fan. Again, i have my small group of blogs that I love and I don't venture outside of those very often. Anyway, here is the book. I like the book, but I LOVE a good deal even more!
Lots of good humorous stories from the life of Big Mama, Melanie Shankle. 

I bought these tennis shoes right after Christmas and I absolutley love them.
I have always worn either Nike or Under Armor sneakers so when I found these BCG ones on sale for $30 I was a little skeptical about the quality (cheap-o's).
 SURPRISINGLY they are great! I only wear them when I work out (no laughing) and they haven't hurt my feet at all and they seem to be holding up well (I know we are only a month in). 

Those are the top four things I'm loving this month!

Much Love,
Beth















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Friday Favorites

 It's been a hot minute since I've linked up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for a Friday Favorites! This is me trying to get back into my blogging groove :) I came across this little dress last year when we moved, and I knew it would be fit Wrenley this summer! It was Makena's circa 2004.  I just love it when a plan comes together.  A favorite for sure! Look at those babies. Twenty years has flown by. Miss Wrenley Beth. She doesn't look a thing like her momma, but definitely has Aunt Makena's sass! Hopefully as her hair grows, she will get Carlie's curls. We have been doing as much outdoor activities as possible.  That includes one of my favorite things...fishing! Carl, showing off his big bass. We weren't technically bass fishing, but whatever bites. It'll eat! Of course we have also been going to the river.  Our kids weren't able to go with us, so we just took the jet ski.   It has been raining so the water is a gross brown. I didn't say we went swi