Skip to main content

Six More Days and A New Name

Well, I'm sure that most of you have noticed that I changed the name of the our blog.  I always wanted to come up with something other than the last name thing.  So the other day I was listening to Taylor Swift (not necessarily by choice, my girls LOVE her!!) sing The Best Day, and in one part of that song she sings of princesses and pirate ships, so I thought that it would be a perfect new name for our blog :)  Today was another nice day, and we actually got to enjoy the outdoors today. 
For some reason I just couldn't go back to sleep after Carl left for work, so I got up and started working on my lesson plans for Trey's school.  After everyone got up and ate breakfast we went outside to do some chalking with sidewalk chalk.  Then we went in and got dressed for Mommy's photo shoot (that would be me taking pictures of them!)  By that time it was time for lunch so we came inside and Makena and Trey built a tent to lay in and watch TV.  He really is going to miss them a little bit, but then again, he will enjoy getting to do stuff alone too. 
We went swimming this afternoon and then came home and relaxed before starting dinner.  Carlie and Trey helped me cook, but Trey was the only one who let me get his picture.  He said, "I am the chef!"  Ratatouille is one of his favorite movies!! 
Carl is working late...still working as I'm writing this, in fact.  I love this time of year, but then again, I hate this time of year.  This is my time to learn a little of what it's like to be a single parent, and believe me I don't  EVER want to be a single parent!  Maybe tomorrow we can go to the farm and get some pictures of them harvesting.  Trey is always more interested in the big trucks than the combine, but he loves to go out there ;)

Carlie's sidewalk girl

Trey's boy that he named Logan

Makena's curly haired girl

Blanket Fort!

Photo Shoot :)

Work it!

Getting a little tired of my pictures now!!

Trey took my picture at the pool

Chef Trey

I normally wait until Sept. to put this flag out, but I
was so sick of looking at the Beach Bum flag that
had been out all summer that I broke down and put
it out!! SO READY FOR RAZORBACK FOOTBALL :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a