Skip to main content

Memorial Day And Beyond....


After lunch we all went out to the pool and Carlie fell
asleep in her ring!  I had to wake her up after a few minutes
because I was afraid she would get burned!  She had sunscreen
on, but Monday was one of those days that you needed to reapply
frequently!

Our friend, Luke.  This is the little guy I've been asking
prayer for lately.  He couldn't get in the water because of
his leg that is fractured. 
He's now sporting a camo cast though!

Makena was being my motor, pulling me around the pool :)
Trey has turned into a little fish.  He doesn't wear floaties at
all anymore and he does very well :)  His hair is already turning
blond, too :)

We celebrated Memorial Day by having a cook out at my parents' house at lunch.  Carl was working (BOO!) so it was just me and my kids, our pastor, his wife, and Luke, my grandparents and Mom and Dad.  We were sad that the Simpson's couldn't come down to play with us, but we still had a fun day.  After swimming most of the afternoon, we came home to rest for a little while then we went back over there for some watermelon :)  Carl came home around that time, so the kids wanted to swim again and he got to watch them while he was eating his dinner outside.  By the time he was done it was already 8 o'clock and time to go home and get ready for bed.  It sure was hard to think about going back to school!  We were all completely worn out from being in the sun all day!
So Tuesday, we had to get back into the swing of things...SCHOOL, SCHOOL, SCHOOL!!  I have had a pretty busy two days working on projects for my school and the girls are ready to be out (as am I) for the summer.  We still had test and quizzes to study for (on the last 3 1/2 days of school!!), so as of today, we still haven't been able to relax :(
Tonight we have our Discovery closing program (which I hope to have pictures of!).  I am so nervous for my kids...they are saying their verses for the church.  I know they know them, I just pray that they can recall them.
Tomorrow will be completely filled with buying groceries, leading a group discussion for school, after school swim party, and baking 4 dozen cupcakes!
Fun, Fun, Fun!!
1 1/2 More Days!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a