Skip to main content

First 3 Days of Summer Break

Trey and Grammy....I think she thought she would drown!

Blaine and Trey having a boy convo :)

Makena, Carlie, and Blaine

Carlie and Blaine
He loves her so much, he gave her lots of kisses that day :)

These pictures were taken on Monday afternoon when my cousin CleAnn and her little boy Blaine came to swim with us.  The kids just love to have someone to swim with and even though we don't live that far from The Browns', we don't get to see them all that often, so this was a good time to catch up for everybody :) 
Speaking of catching up,  I will do a little now.  Monday I did some school work then me and Makena went to town to run some errands while Trey and Carlie stayed with Nanny.  They helped her clean out her bathroom and came home with TONS of stuff!!  Face masks, lotions, shampoo...just a lot of stuff (just what we needed); thanks Mom!!  So after we got back home we ate lunch and then went back over to Mom and Dad's to swim.  The rest of the day was pretty much spent indoors, recuperating from being out in the sun ALL afternoon.  Thankfully, everybody was able to sleep well that night!
Yesterday was one of the most stressful days I have had in a LONG time.  I waited until the last minute to work on my part of a group project for school and so I spent about 5 or 6 hours doing it.  I was able to work about 2 1/2 of those hours while the kids were asleep :)  On top of all of that, one of my labs online wouldn't let me sign in so I spent about 45 minutes chatting with technical support, finally she did what I asked her to do, and all was well!  I was finally able to wind down at Ladies Bible Study last night. 
Today has been 100% easier.  I still woke up early to get my work done, but I only had to do my homework online, so it didn't take too long.  Again, I got to work in peace while the kids were sleeping.   We all went to town to go to the library, eat lunch with Carl, and make a Wal-Mart stop.  The kids got lots of good books.  It's so funny because Carlie and Makena got Nancy Drew books.  I used to read those when I was little.  I LOVED mystery books when I was younger.  Now I mostly read Christian fiction (love Karen Kingsbury) but lately I don't have time to read anything on my own :(  Carl used to get aggravated because when I would start a book, I would usually finish it that day, meaning I didn't get anything else done. The love of  books is an awesome thing and I'm glad that I've passed along the passion to read to my kids.
Of course we went swimming again today, but not for as long because we had church tonight. 
I guess that's it, that's my catching up.  Hope I didn't bore you too bad. 
Happy Hump Day, Friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a