Skip to main content

Tuesday Thoughts

Happy Tuesday, friends! Yesterday was an all-day rainy day here on the homestead, thanks to Tropical Depression Christobal. With the way this year has gone we are just thankful we never lost electricity! 
Enough about the weather though, let's talk about something more fun; summer schedules!
It's typical to say that we have no set schedules in the summer, but that's not really true. I have to have some sort of schedule/plan. It's just my personality. 
So here is a quick view of what our summer schedule looks like:
Wake Up/Breakfast Begins at 5 am (Carl and Carlie will be when she starts her job) but everyone has to be up by 9:30. There is one person who actually eats breakfast in this house but we all use our "breakfast time" (the first 30 minutes after waking) to at least caffeinate and catch up on the goings on of the day.
This is my go to for all natural caffeine and all day nutrition. Want to know more? Just ask!


Morning Chores are up next and include but are not limited to making beds and picking up bedrooms, unloading the dishwasher, starting laundry, feeding/watering animals and plants, and letting the chickens out of their coop. Side note: the chickens stay in the coop until at least 9:45 am so they do not lay eggs out of the coop. We have had them lay in all kind of crazy places. I like to know when the eggs are laid to ensure freshness. 

A couple of mornings a week we (me and at least one of the kids) go down to visit my Grammy and Papa.  I know when Makena had her surgery it did her soul good to have someone come in and visit. I know it has to be hard for those who can't get out a whole lot and especially those who are having an increasingly hard time doing things on their own. We just want them to know that they are still important to us and we love them.
Lunch is anywhere between 11:30-12. Lunch is usually something like a sandwich, chips, and something sweet (fruit or junk😉) but on occasion I let Trey make a mess and make hamburgers and Makena's favorite thing is to steam shrimp. I only recently got an air fryer and that thing is pretty great for a quick lunch as well.
Shrimp with Jezabel sauce
Don't you love my fine china?!


Afternoon Chores is usually just laundry (folding and putting away or hanging out on the clothesline). Occasionally we will have a car wash/clean out. At times our driveway looks like a mini used car lot, especially if we are all home (4 vehicles).

Down Time we usually go swim at my parent's or run errands in town (20 miles away) or sometimes we hang out at the house and Trey goes fishing with his friend, Talan. And the thing about having older kids is that we go in different directions. I am okay with that. I am even okay when we have extra people. As long as everyone is kind and respectful to each other (and the parents) they can do what they want (to an extent) and have friends/boyfriends over. I do require one day a week for just us. They can do that for me!

What's For Dinner? This question usually starts around 3, depending on what we are doing that day. We almost always eat at 5:30, 6 at the latest. I know that is really early for some, but that is just something we have always done. Funny thing is, most of the time when my kids are going out later for dinner with friends or whatever, they will eat with us first! 
Chicken and noodles!

Winding it down. In the evenings we like to chill in the backyard, go on Ranger rides, or take a boat ride. 
The kids get an extra hour of curfew in the summer


Since we are currently without our own dog, we stole Toby and took him riding to the river. 


Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep. Bedtime with teens is so much different than when the kids were younger. They go to their rooms by 10 and then they usually watch TV.  I'm old, so I try to go to bed by 10 but I usually don't fall asleep until 11/12. 
And then it starts all over the next day. 
I am so happy that we have a little time off from school to enjoy things. Things will be so different for us in the fall. I am extremely excited for the girls but a little sad that I will only have one kid to homeschool. I have seriously thought about year around homeschooling. It may still happen! If we worked at it, Trey could easily finish school a year early. He likes the sound of that, the working extra hard part, not so much!

And that's exactly what I'm trying to do!

Much Love, 
Beth











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a