Now that I am all rested up, I will wrap our beach vacation blog up! We are absolutely the kind of people that go to the beach to SIT ON THE BEACH! We usually do beachy activities so we don't actually have to leave the beach. For example, Trey and Makena went parasailing. Carl and I sat on the beach and watched because I hurt myself at the river (don't ask!) and wasn't able to have anything tight around my ribs.
I love having adult kids (most of the time)!
They were going up, up, and away!
I love it here!
We also went to Alligator Alley per Carl's request. Yes, we actually left the beach for a few hours. It was fun, but also very hot. At one point we looked at each other and said, "Why are we standing here sweating when we have rented chairs on the beach"? So, we left :)
These little hatchlings were so cute!
We made Carl take a cheesy picture, since he made us leave the beach, lol
And you better believe he was first in line to hold this 3 year old!
Makena was also really happy to hold it.
Trey had to take his turn.
I didn't take a turn. That just wasn't for me. I will look at them, but even walking on the bridge over the swamp creeped me out. I mean look at this big one:
I thought this sign was funny :)
We called Trey the alligator whisperer because every time he put his had up, they would do this!
I'm sure it was just because they are so used to being fed.
We were ready to leave at this point, but they know when there is a photo opportunity,
mama is going to ask them to take it!
And that's the end of Alligator Alley. It was a really neat place. They have over a thousand gators on the property and even hold a feeding show for you to go watch (we saw on our way out). They host birthday parties (which Trey would have loved as a kid), and they have a little garden with tortoises and snakes. I would definitely recommend going!
When we made it back to the beach Trey went on the banana boat ride. Nobody else wanted to go after last year. Carl rode the majority of the ride in the floor of the boat. It was rough.
And just like that we were driving through the tunnel on our way back home. I am always sad to leave the beach. There is no atmosphere like it. I look around and think about how great of a Creator we have. But walking through the door at my house is pretty great too. We are so blessed.
See you next year, Gulf Shores!
Much Love,
Beth













Comments