Skip to main content

More Talks With T

Trey is just the one of the funniest little people I know.  I wish I would have had a video camera in church Sunday night.  We don't have Children's church at our church (Sunday School on Sunday mornings and Baptist Training Course on nights), just a nursery that goes up to age 3 and maybe sometimes 4 (just depending on the child).  So Trey has been in "big church" since he was 2.  He is used to it and does pretty well most Sundays.  So Carl was leading singing and he picked the song "Love Lifted Me".  Evidently Trey loves this song because he was singing all of the chorus at the top of his lungs! People were starting to stare at us!   It was so cute, but very hard not to laugh.  He wasn't doing it to be funny, but it was funny because he was so serious (and loud)  :)

The other night we were in the car and as we pulled under the carport Carl told Trey that if he wasn't doing anything tomorrow that he needed to pick up some of the trash down there.  Without skipping a beat he says, "Hey Daddy, I think I will be doing something all day tomorrow"!!  Needless to say, the trash is still there.  I really didn't push him picking it up because even though it wasn't my trash, I'm the one who didn't take the time to take it to the can when I was cleaning out the car....oops!

Those are just a couple of the Treyisms of lately.  Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.  I have been pretty busy cleaning up the house and checking on my school stuff.  I start back on May 23 (next Monday!!) and will be carrying a pretty heavy load for the summer.  Please pray that I will do well.  Trey and I will be going to LR tomorrow to pick up all of my books.  I have to say that in all of my college career, I have never spent what I have this semester for books, over $600.  Thank goodness for financial aid :)

Before I forget, could you please add our pastor's son, Luke to your prayer list too.  He is on a downward slide, we just don't know how fast this will be.  Pray for Bro. Jeff and Mrs. Cheryl too.  We love, love, love our Luke.  I've already tried to prepare my girls for what may happen, but they don't want to talk about it much.  I know that if it was God's will, that he could heal that little boy of everything right now.  I can't wait until the day that I can see him walk and hear him talk.  I don't know if it will be here on Earth or in heaven, but I know that one day he will be made perfect.

"And he said unto me,
My grace if sufficient for thee:
my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most
gladly therefore will I rather glory in my
infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest
upon me."  2 Corinthians 12:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a