Skip to main content

What A Week!

Wow, what an eventful week!  Not only did we have rain and storms, but in the midst of all that rain and storms our house was broken into!  In the wee hours on Tuesday morning a man broke into our house (with us all here) and picked Carlie up off of our love seat (she was sleeping there because she was scared of the storms) and carried her back to her bedroom.  Praise the Lord that was all he did.  He left through the same window he entered in their bedroom.  No one was hurt and nothing was taken.  Let the lesson of this post be to make sure all of your windows are locked.  I guess that one window in the girls room didn't get locked back after the "room makeover", and he found it.  We have since locked ALL the windows and done some major security updates.  I'd still be lying if I said I felt safe, but hopefully soon all these storms will be gone and things will be more normal.  I love normal, I NEED normal.  And even as I write that I feel bad because things could have been so much worse weather wise, and other wise.
The girls went back to school on Thursday and we had many people in and out of our house for most of the week and very little sleep on top of all that, so we decided to take a break and go visit my sister and her family in Morrilton.  My mom went with us because she wanted to see them too and my dad was going to be gone.  Carl was the only man in the house because Cody was at a pre-teen retreat, but that didn't seem to bother him.  My mom and Jamie kind of took care of the kids while Carl and I got some sleep Friday night.  Let me just say, it was great to be able to sleep peacefully. Thank you so much Jamie for letting us come stay with you guys!!
 Saturday we took the kids to Petit Jean to the car museum, ate lunch, then headed back home.  Carl and I had a concert to go to in Stuttgart at 7:30, and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't want to go. But we did go and it was some much needed time alone together. I think maybe the first time since Tuesday!  Mom kept the kids at her house and we got another night of sleep!  Even though we were back in our house, we didn't have to worry about the kids, so it was somewhat peaceful. 
Here are a few pictures of our mini-trip:

Trey and Noah posing in front of JFK and his car!

Carl with the kiddos minus Elijah....he was being a
two-year-old!

Makena with Elvis!

T liked this old car

Makena and EK by the pink car!

Carlie and Ellie Kate

This was Elvis' Ranchero

Carl was getting a peep show.  This was hilarious
it was a girl in what looked to be a bikini walking
around a big ball....what a show!

They were selling these in the gift shop...you write each
family members name on a dog and whenever someone breaks
the rules or disobeys, they get put in the dog house!! I started to get
it because it has 5 dogs :)

After we left the museum we went by a chapel on the mountain that Jamie had played in a wedding at a couple of weeks ago.  It was beautiful and the view was AMAZING!!
Oops, this was outside the museum!  All the kids.

Carl with all the boys.  This trip really helped Carl. 
Noah and Eli love him so much :)

I don't really like this picture because I look like I'm mad
in it.  I wasn't mad, just cold.  And I'm a little bit afraid of
heights and about two feet behind us was the drop off!
It just made me a little apprehensive to have little kids around!

All the girls!  I love everyone of them to pieces :)

The Chapel

Clowning around on the Gator!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a