Skip to main content

Back To School Photo Shoot

The girls have been begging me since yesterday to take some pictures of them in some of their new outfits but yesterday the weather was kinda iffy as to if was going to rain (never did) and we would have had to fix hair before....and that just didn't really fit into our day, so I told them after church would work.  I would have never guessed how sleepy I would have been after not enough sleep due to Carlie's stomach issues and the fact that I took sinus medicine before I went to bed thought I was going to bed at 11:00.  Needless to say,  could hardly keep my eyes open during church.  I was seriously thinking of finding an empty room and taking a nap until church was over!  Instead, I waited until after we ate lunch (leftovers from last night!) and cleaned up.  I think we finished in record time and I was snoozing away by 12:45 :)  I could hear the kids, so I got up around 2:30 and the first thing Makena asked me was "Can we take pictures now?".  So here are a few of the ones we took:

Carlie Erin

Makena Faith...wasn't wearing her glasses because she didn't want to go inside to get them!  This girls was so proud to be wearing some jeans.  Last year we couldn't find her even one pair that she could wear. So we spent the whole school year in pants with elastic...jeggings, legging outfits, velour jogging suites, anything stretchy.  She would always say, "I wish I had a pair of jeans" and that always made me feel bad for her.  So when we were shopping on Friday we did all our usual stores that carry plus-size clothing and still didn't find any jeans, but we weren't really surprised.  She was able to button them up this year, but they still weren't comfortable to wear.  So we decided to just run down to Dillard's to just look around and lo and behold my mom found some plus size Levi's.  I didn't think they would work but they did and you could just see in her cute little face how happy she was :)  It made the whole trip worth it!

I love this picture.  My two pretty girls

Carlie loves those crazy cats

Different outfit

 
And this was the last one before she got tired of doing it! 

Sorry that this is yet another post without my sweet T in it, but you gotta share the spotlight some T!  I know there are plenty throughout the years without the girls in them. Oh, and by the way, Carlie has more than this to go back to school in, she just didn't want to change as many times as Makena did!
  That is all I have time for today because someone keeps calling for 5:30 meetings (the past two Sundays) at church....I won't mention any names, but you know who you are :)  I am still super sleepy so I'm going to use back to school as an excuse for me to go to bed early tonight too...RHONJ will just have to wait until tomorrow.

Beth


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a