Skip to main content

This And That

Well, we made it through our first week of school!  I say we because prior to Monday we had all been sleeping until 8 or 8:30.  Needless to say 6:15 comes WAY too early :(  By today it had already moved to 6:30!  Trey made the adjustment with us this week, although I let him sleep until 7:00, it was still early for him.  Next week will be his week :(  Last night I pulled out the videos of him when he was a baby and I didn't cry then, but thinking about it now makes me want to.  I even watched the dreaded video of the day he was born, I say that because it took them a while to get him to breathe.  It gives me chills every time I see it.  My mom has still to this day not watched it.  It was very scary.  Anyway, he's alive and well and VERY full of himself lately. 

We had a little incident on Wednesday with him taking off on his bike down the road ( I was walking behind him and he was supposed to stop at a certain spot but kept going leaving me way behind).  He tried to say that he didn't hear me, but I didn't buy that!  He heard me and chose not to listen to me!  He is not allowed to ride on the road for a long while and his bike has been taken away from him until tomorrow.  He cried like a baby when I told him that, but it had to be done.  He has also been very bored this week.  Today we played Candy Land and the Match Game two or three times, he played the Wii, and he watched his Monster Jam movie and Peter Pan.  By 1:00 he's ready to leave to pick the girls up!! 
flying his plane!

T's backpack and lunch bag. 

The girls have had a really good week this week. Makena had a minor issue on Wednesday with not being able to hear (thanks to her cold/allergies), but that has since been resolved and now poor Carlie has the same stuff!  In fact she is running a little fever and having a lot of ear pain.  We are going to try and get into the clinic tomorrow morning.  
I will start helping at school next week when Trey starts.  I am supposed to be there Mon.-Wed., but who knows, with it being T's first week, I might be there all week :)
 Back to the girls...they both have already had quizzes this week and have made all A's.  Go girls!!

Carl hasn't been really busy because we have been getting some rain and they aren't ready to start cutting rice yet.  Please keep us in your prayers.  We have a situation/opportunity (depending on who you ask) that has been presented to us.  It's so funny that "this" happened just a couple of days after I wrote my contentment post!  We are still content (not to be confused with complacent), and we both completely agree on one thing...we don't want to be anywhere but where God wants us to be.  We are earnestly seeking his direction and plan for our lives.
"Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path."  Psalm 119:105

Beth





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a