Skip to main content

Fun Family Day

Today was such a fun day.  We spent it cleaning up inside and out, visiting with some friends, riding bikes, roller blading, and ended it with a nice little "back to school" cookout with Nanny & Pop and Grammy and Papa at our house and then a brief 4 wheeler ride.  Carl got to be home with us all day today, so it was just a nice day.  We got a lot done, but at our own pace :)
Miss Prissy....she is great at roller blading. 
Makena is very cautious.  She doesn't really like doing it
on our concrete because it isn't completely smooth. 

She loves riding her new bicycle though!

Away she goes!

This would be Speedy!

I guess I didn't get any pictures of T today, but if you look above you can kind of see him in the background on a scooter.  He doesn't really try to roller blade yet and that is completely fine with me because we all know how accident prone he is! 

I don't think that I ever blogged about Open House that we had on Friday.  Carl went with us and it was basically just to meet their teachers and get a sneak peek into the classroom.  The girls will have the same teacher they had last year (good and bad) and Trey will have Mrs. Odom.  Carlie was really hoping to be in a different room than Makena this year, but that isn't going to happen.  Next year for sure :)
I am so excited to be able to have Mrs. Odom as one of my kids teachers!  The girls just loved her and she is a great teacher for those little ones.  I was sad to give her up when Makena left, but I knew that T would have her, so that made it easier :)  It's so funny because she has two sons and one daughter, and her daughter has a son.  She is always talking about how she hopes that her boys will get married soon, but then she is nervous about being a mother-in-law, so me and my friend Jill give her LOTS of tips on what to do and what not to do!  I told her that she should be the best mother-in-law in the world after all our advice! 
 I'm rambling...where was I, oh yeah OPEN HOUSE!  I'm trying to concentrate but Carl is playing some kind of game on Wii and I keep getting distracted!  SEE, I did it again! 
 So, before we even went to meet the teachers I had to sign up for birthday parties (to bring food) and all of that good stuff and that's when it hit me...I had to sign up for three birthday parties now!  Now, I've not been too emotional about letting T go (lately), but I did tear up a bit when I signed up for that September birthday party.  I know, they have to grow up and it's not like he is going to college...just kindergarten and I've also signed up to be a Mother Helper at school for 3 or 4 days a week...so I'll be there :)   I love that I can be both useful to the school and keep an eye on my kids. 
As frustrated as I get with them sometimes, I'm very thankful (and blessed) that we are able to go through these times with our kids.  I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world. 
I love you, my babies!

"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.  Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth.  Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
Psalm 127:3-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a