Skip to main content

Grillin' Out

So I guess one of my favorite things about summer is grillin' out in the backyard with the family and just  watching the kids run around and play and have fun without a care in the world.  Yep, I would say that it really can't get much better than that :)

Makena wanted to take a picture of me and Carl.  She cracks
me up so much because she loves to see us hug and be
"loving" with each other.  I guess it makes her feel safe or something :)

Look at those yummy chicken legs!

This picture is for Carlie.  Well, Carlie really took this picture.
Ever since she was little she always loved to look at the butter
before "messing" it up!  This girl loves butter too....maybe even
more than Paula Deen!

We also cooked country style ribs.  These were a little more
fatty than I wanted, but once you got past all of that, they were
delish!!

All of these pictures are also from Saturday :)  Today we got up only to realize that we overslept!!  That is not good on a Sunday morning around here.  We don't ever set the alarm for Sunday mornings because we always just get up.  But last night wasn't just any ordinary night.  Nobody in this house slept...NOBODY!    We got NO sleep until the wee hours of the morning.  So at 8:30 we got up and had to skip our normal big Sunday breakfast and just had muffins :)  We did manage to make it to church on time thanks to the fact that I had our clothes already out.  I think I should do that every week! 
Poor Makena is still not feeling the best and neither is Trey although he doesn't show it as much.  We didn't go swimming today, we just hung out at the house.
  Makena is already making lists for everybody of what she wants for her birthday, and the countdown has begun:  10 days from today and the  princess will be 9!  I remember very well the 4th of July that I was pregnant with her.  I was SO ready to have her because it was SO hot and I was miserable but she was perfectly content where she was out and I was induced a mere 4 days before my due date.  She has been attached to her Momma ever since :) 
I know, I keep getting sidetracked...I think it's from the lack of sleep.  Well, that and I'm watching Hope Floats and trying to think and type at the same time!  Not going to good for me, so I think it's time to say  "Good Night"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a