Skip to main content

A Weekend of Celebrations!

After we took our trip to Morrilton on Friday, my house was in some major need of a good cleaning, so that is what went on  here on Saturday morning.  Carl had to work so I cleaned and cleaned, then he came home and mowed, so I cleaned and did laundry some more!  I'll be the first to admit that my life has been completely chaotic and unorganized for the whole summer, so with the kids school getting ready to start, and my school wrapping up, I thought it would be he perfect time to get organized!  I got the idea to make a "master planner" from this site.  I gathered the stuff I needed from Staples and was happy with how it turned out.  I have a few more things and maybe a little bling, then I'll show you the finished product.  I'm super excited about it :)
Now back to the weekend:
Saturday afternoon we all went swimming and had a lot of fun with water balloons in the pool.  Even Pop quit being a grouch for a while and played along.  He usually doesn't like us to play with them in the pool because of all the little pieces....and you wonder why I am the way I am?!
Anyway, Carl and I got to have our date night that night.  We went out to eat and then shopped around for a bit before coming back home.  It was so nice to be able to hold an adult conversation.  We needed that:  Thanks Nanny!
Today is my birthday:  I turned 29....again :)  Carl made muffins for me and then we went to church.  We ate lunch at my mom and dad's then came home to rest.  Carl had to got back to work to change around some water, only when he got there is wasn't ready, so he made it back in time for church....I don't like going by myself.  I'd better mention that when Carl and I went on our date night my parents took the kids to buy me birthday gifts.  They let each of them pick out their  own gifts:  Carlie got me a yummy smelling candle :)  Makena got me a kitchen towel and potholder set (apples!) :)  Trey got me a razorback key chain :)  They were so excited for me to open them that I had to do it that night instead of today!  Gotta love that enthusiasm.  I also got a little special gift from my secret sister.  I love that :)
So, that's it; that's our weekend.  I think I celebrated a little everyday of the weekend :)  Isn't that how it's supposed to be?!

Hope you all have a great week!

Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a