Skip to main content

A Weekend of Celebrations!

After we took our trip to Morrilton on Friday, my house was in some major need of a good cleaning, so that is what went on  here on Saturday morning.  Carl had to work so I cleaned and cleaned, then he came home and mowed, so I cleaned and did laundry some more!  I'll be the first to admit that my life has been completely chaotic and unorganized for the whole summer, so with the kids school getting ready to start, and my school wrapping up, I thought it would be he perfect time to get organized!  I got the idea to make a "master planner" from this site.  I gathered the stuff I needed from Staples and was happy with how it turned out.  I have a few more things and maybe a little bling, then I'll show you the finished product.  I'm super excited about it :)
Now back to the weekend:
Saturday afternoon we all went swimming and had a lot of fun with water balloons in the pool.  Even Pop quit being a grouch for a while and played along.  He usually doesn't like us to play with them in the pool because of all the little pieces....and you wonder why I am the way I am?!
Anyway, Carl and I got to have our date night that night.  We went out to eat and then shopped around for a bit before coming back home.  It was so nice to be able to hold an adult conversation.  We needed that:  Thanks Nanny!
Today is my birthday:  I turned 29....again :)  Carl made muffins for me and then we went to church.  We ate lunch at my mom and dad's then came home to rest.  Carl had to got back to work to change around some water, only when he got there is wasn't ready, so he made it back in time for church....I don't like going by myself.  I'd better mention that when Carl and I went on our date night my parents took the kids to buy me birthday gifts.  They let each of them pick out their  own gifts:  Carlie got me a yummy smelling candle :)  Makena got me a kitchen towel and potholder set (apples!) :)  Trey got me a razorback key chain :)  They were so excited for me to open them that I had to do it that night instead of today!  Gotta love that enthusiasm.  I also got a little special gift from my secret sister.  I love that :)
So, that's it; that's our weekend.  I think I celebrated a little everyday of the weekend :)  Isn't that how it's supposed to be?!

Hope you all have a great week!

Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Morning Chit-Chat

  Happy Monday, friends! Well, here we are again. Another Monday morning, another fresh week, and another cup of coffee that I'm hoping will magically give me the energy to accomplish all the things on my to-do list. Spoiler alert: It probably won't. But I'm going to drink it anyway. I thought we would start this week with a little old-fashioned chit-chat. Nothing too serious, nothing life changing. Just a little catching up on life lately, a few random thoughts, and whatever else happens to pop into my head. you know, the kind of conversation we'd have if you stopped by my house, pulled up a chair, and stayed a while. So grab your coffee (or whatever gets you going in the morning), and let's visit. First things first...it's October! This year is absolutely flying by. I love this time of year. The cozy evenings, the fall decorations, the soups and comfort foods, and the excuse to stay home in my pajamas a little longer. Now if Arkansas could just get the memo t...

What's Up Wednesday

 Happy What's Up Wednesday! Today I am linking up with  Shay  and  Sheaffer  for another "What's Up Wednesday" Let's do this! What we're eating this week... So far this week we have made: Wings on the Pit Boss Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Chops You can't get any easier than wings and chops! Especially when they are on the grill and slow cooker!! What I'm Reminiscing About... Septembers past: September is Trey's birth month. It is also the month that my grandpa died four years ago. This is the year that Papa gave Trey a gun for his birthday. He was so proud to give it to Trey and you can tell by the look on Trey's face how happy he was. Such a sweet moment to remember. Our county fair is also in September. My kids used to love it when they were younger. They still love rides, just not the traveling kind :) This was Wrenley's school picture last year. She has grown so much in one year :) What I'm Loving... Makena and my mom have started mak...

Be Her: When Our Ideal Self Becomes an Idol

 Ella Langley's "Be Her" got me thinking about something I think a lot of women struggle with- the woman we think we should be.  You know her. She's more disciplined. More confident. More put together. She exercises, keeps the house clean, reads her Bible every morning, never loses her patience, and somehow always has good hair. We tell ourselves, If I could just be her..... And there's nothing wrong with wanting to grow. But what happens when the woman we want to become turns into an idol? Sometimes we become so focused on our ideal self that we forget to ask God who He wants us to become. There's a subtle difference between praying, "Lord, make me more like Christ," and saying, "Lord, help me to become the woman I've decided I need to be." One is surrender. The other can easily become control.  Philippians 1:6 reminds us that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. God isn't waiting fo...