Skip to main content

And So It Begins....

That's right with the first of December came the first of our Christmas parties.  Thursday night the ladies from our Ladies Bible Study at church met up at a local restaurant to eat, fellowship, and exchange gifts.  It was a nice party.  I didn't take many pictures because the room we were in was very small and didn't leave too much room for moving around, but here is our lovely group picture:
The whole crew
It used to bother me a lot being the youngest in the group.  I mean, let's face it, the closest person to me in age is probably a good 8 years older than me.  I still pray that we will have some younger people come in the church.  People that are sincere and care about God's Word and what it says, rather than getting their own way, but until that happens, I get stuck being the baby of the bunch.  It's not so bad, anyway :)

Yesterday Carl and I went Christmas shopping in Little Rock. All. Day. Long.  We left as soon as we dropped the kids off at school and we didn't get back until around 6:30 last night.  Thanks to Nanny for picking up the kiddos.  We got a lot done, but I'm still not finished.  The rest I should be able to do locally, though.  This was our first time to get to go shopping alone (for Christmas) in about 4 or 5 years.  It was great because we didn't have to worry about Trey getting tired or wanting this and that, but it was kind of sad because he is getting so big and is in school.  I know...WA WA WA! 
Today was our Christmas party in Sheridan with my Papa's family but before we went there we had to run back to Little Rock to return a couple of things.  I wasn't planning on buying anything, but Carl did.  He got Carlie a Kindle Fire for Christmas.  She was there...and yes, she loves it.....and yes, we are the best parents in the world (for today)....and yes, she played on it almost the whole trip from Little Rock to Sheridan.  I'm happy that she got it, but I really wish it was going to be a surprise.  She says she doesn't care about having one less present than the rest of the kids on Christmas Day, but we'll see :)  It is pretty awesome!
Here are the pictures I took of the party tonight:

Carlie with Aunt Kat

Mrs. Patsy with Tyler and Hannah

Trey with a gun and a mischievous look on his face!

My sweeties

Finally, somebody took a family picture of us :)

My love!

Papa and one of his sisters, Aunt Jill.

It was a fun night.  My kids have been so super excited about this party because they love going and seeing all the Christmas decorations, and the gum ball machine, and the jukebox.  It's just a really neat place to go.  They never seem to mind that it's a Christmas party and there are no gifts, just good times :)
Two down, four to go!!
Beth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Pool Pics!!

Our new pool "do" And the back.... Trey and Maxee Oh, and this would be the first boo-boo of the pool season He fell over his goggles :( Part of our crew for the day! More people=More Fun!!

Back To School Photo Shoot: The Girls

The girls were of course more than eager to do their pictures, T however, was not.  That is why we still haven't done it yet!  Hmmm....maybe a bribe would work!  He's been wanting Open Season 2 out of the $5 bin at Wal-Mart :)  We are super excited about Open House tomorrow night and about school on Monday :)  Beth 

Three Doses of Happiness

Laundry piled up, dishes in the sink, phone buzzing with many emails, toys all over the house.......sounds like an absolute perfect time to go outside and relax with my kiddos! Today has been a VERY warm day.  It probably would be more enjoyable if we didn't know that it would more than likely storm tonight!  Carlie didn't go to school today because she was up a lot last night with stomach issues.  She never vomited, but she was very nauseated and has had stomach cramps.  She hasn't felt bad all day, just off and one.  We might be going to the doctor tomorrow p.m. because Sunday night I noticed that she has a little bulge above her belly button, I wasn't concerned about it (really) until her stomach started hurting and she said that it hurt to tough.  Maybe it's nothing, but people keep mentioning hernia to me.  Please pray that she feels better soon.  Also tomorrow is the big day....academic advising.  I remember the very first time I was advised (somewhere a