Happy Friday, friends! Today I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for Friday Favorites!
It has been a long week here on the homestead. We have just been busy working, babysitting, and dog sitting :) I feel like I am next-level-tired. And this heat, ya'll. The Natural State has had 9 consecutive days of temperatures meeting or exceeding 100 degrees. That makes anything outdoors miserable.
But this is a Friday Favorites post, so let's get to it!
Evening Walks With My Girl
One of my favorite things lately has been taking evening walks with my youngest daughter. There's just something about walking together at the end of the day that makes conversation come a little easier. We talk about whatever comes to mind-- sometimes important things, sometimes absolutely nothing important at all.
When your kids are little, you spend so much time with them that it's hard to imagine what your relationship will look like when they're grown. And them one day, they're adults, and you realize how sweet it is to genuinely enjoy their company. Those evening walks have become something I really look forward to.
My Son + His Guitar
Another favorite this week has been hearing my son play the guitar. There's just something about music drifting through the house that makes home feel a little more like home. I love getting to see the things my grown kids enjoy and watching their personalities and talents continue to unfold-- even though the raising-them part is mostly behind me. I'll never complain about having live music in the house.
Well... depending on the song😁
Grandkid Time
Of course, any week that includes time with these sweethearts automatically makes the favorites list!
Grandkids really are one of life's sweetest surprises. You think you know how much you can love someone after raising your own children, and then these little people come along and somehow find a whole new place in your heart. The snuggles, the laughs, the little conversations, the chaos-- I want all of it!
I know how quickly the time goes by. I learned that the first time around. So this time, I'm trying to soak it in a little more.
She's Rocking Preschool
And speaking of grandkids, my sweet Wrenley is rocking preschool! She is at the same Early Childhood Center that she has been for the past 3 years, but this year she is officially in preschool. She will be four in a few weeks and I just love watching her become her own little person. She's learning, making friends, figuring things out, and growing more independent by the day.
I am so proud of her.
This is such a fun age because they're still little enough to need you, but big enough to have some very strong opinions about practically everything😜 Seeing her excited about preschool and watching her confidence grow has definitely been one of my favorite things.
A Fun Fall-Themed Drink
I said that this week's Friday Favorites post wasn't going to be about anything that I've bought or found on Amazon. But I did want to share this energy drink by Bloom "Pear Scare", and it has an amazing taste. I also enjoy the Apple Bloom.
This post is brought to you by the people I love and the everyday things I don't want to forget💖
What's one little thing from your week that made your favorites list?
Much Love,
Beth






Comments