Some weekends are packed with plans, places to be, and plenty to talk about. And there are weekends like this one! We didn't go anywhere exciting, there were no big projects or celebrations, and I'm pretty sure no one would be lining up to make a movie about it.
So, there may not be a whole lot to recap this Monday but grab your coffee anyway. Here's a little look at our perfectly ordinary weekend...
Carl started rice harvest on Thursday of this week, so his weekend was pretty much spent at the farm or at the rice mill taking the crops in, oh and changing bean water. It' literally never ending this time of year!
Headed to the field!
Waiting in line to get dumped.
Storm clouds rolling in
I kept Wesley here at home on Friday. We had a great day. Just hanging out and getting all the baby love I could get💙 He is literally the sweetest baby in the world.
This made me laugh out loud.
He looks like a little man just laid back in his easy chair watching Elmo 😊
On Saturday I was at home alone all day. I would be lying if I said I hadn't been looking forward to it all week. It was a pretty productive day. The only downside of the day was the sore throat that I started getting later in the afternoon. I didn't take a single picture all day, though.
Of course, Sundays are church days. I felt okay this morning, so I got up, cooked muffins for breakfast, and got ready for church. Carlie always sends me pictures of the kids on Sunday morning and these are the ones I got yesterday:
All the heart eyes for this boy😍
These two cuties have my whole heart!
After church, Wrenley always likes to ride home with BeBe and Pappy. I had Carl snap this picture of us before we went in the house to change. Please disregard my dead grass...it's been brutally hot and extremely dry here for the past month.
She will always be BeBe's baby girl.
Carl and Trey were both sick last week, as were Wesley and Wrenley. I guess I am the next victim. I opted out of church last night because I felt awful. Maybe I just need a little rest. I have been going non-stop for about a month now.
And that was pretty much our weekend. Nothing to write home about--and apparently still enough for me to write a blog post about
Monday will bring another week of schedules, responsibilities, and all the usual things waiting for us, but for now, I am thankful for a quiet weekend and the people I got to spend it with.
Sometimes a little boring is good!
Here's to another good week ahead, friends!
Much Love,
Beth







Comments