Hey friends! Today I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for another What's Up Wednesday!
What We're Eating This Week...
I have been pretty lax when it comes to my cooking lately, and as hot as it has been, I've been trying to use the grill and crockpot as much as possible. But Makena has been making these amazing overnight oats for our breakfast lately.
She usually drizzles honey on hers, but I tried them plain today and they were still tasty!
What I'm Reminiscing About...
This week I find myself reminiscing about this tiny baby that will celebrate her fourth birthday on Saturday! Four years has flown by just as fast as it did with my own kids.
The sweet little girl who made me a BeBe
And now she is almost 4!
Happy Birthday Week, Princess!!
What I'm Loving...
I recently found these vintage chairs (there are two) from a duck club that was getting rid of some furniture. The bottom is leather and the back is upholstered western print. It goes perfect with the aesthetic in our den!
What We've Been Up To...
We've been doing our best to watch as many of these sunsets at the river as possible.
What I'm Dreading...
Harvest has started but we haven't made it to the late nights yet. I am most definitely not looking forward to those!
So True!
What I'm Working On...
Getting ready for our back-to-school Luau at church. That's right, youth group is kicking off today and the leaders have been busy prepping for that. We have games, inflatables, songs, food, and the kids will also be introduced to their teachers for the year. I am doing my best to be used in whatever capacity the Lord sees fit.
Singing is a favorite Youth Group Activity
What I'm Watching/Reading...
I just wrote a blog post on all of the true crime books I've been reading, but I have started a new book: Mary Jane by Jessica Anya Blau. It takes place in the 70's and the main character is a 14-year-old girl who takes a job as a nanny for a local doctor. Mary finds out quickly that things aren't always what they seem. She gets a front row seat to a liberal world and a view of the counterculture of the day. It is very interesting to say the least.
What I'm Listening To...
Anything Noah Kahan: End of August, The Great Divide, Willing and Able. I love them all!
I have also been listening to
What I'm Wearing...
I am obsessed with these Free People Moxie pull-on barrel paint jeans. They are just the perfect barrel pant.
And this lantern-sleeve, vegan leather shirt by Maeve is perfect for fall!
Speaking of Fall, the colors in this Free People Through the Motions pullover are definitely giving off fall vibes.
And this Nora Midi dress by Free People has me ready to go to a country concert!
I'm just missing my cowgirl hat!
What I'm Doing This Weekend...
This weekend is a big weekend. Wrenley is turning four and we will celebrate her birthday on Saturday. Trey is preaching on Sunday morning (eek!) and we are having lunch and singing at church. I know that it will be a great weekend!
What I Am Looking Forward to Next Month...
Next month is Trey's 21st birthday. How in the world can that be possible?! It seems like just yesterday he was starting kindergarten. He is still planning on starting the seminary and we are excited for him about that.
Makena and I along with some of the other ladies in our church are going to see Chonda Pierce. I am looking forward to a little girls night out!
What Else Is New...
There isn't a lot else new around here, unless you count the rain. We have seen more over the past 24 hours than we have in weeks (and that is still just between 1-2 inches). That just means that Carl got home early another day.
















Comments