Skip to main content

The Sunday Reset I Actually Do

 I love watching Sunday reset videos. The sheets are stripped from every bed. The entire house gets cleaned. Groceries are bought, washed, chopped, and organized into matching little containers. Meals are prepped for the week. Laundry is folded and put away. Candles are burning. The refrigerator is sparkling. And somehow all of this happens before 4 p.m.

I like the idea of a Sunday reset. I really do. There is something about starting Monday with the house somewhat put together and life feeling a little less chaotic. But I also don't want to spend my entire Sunday preparing for Monday. So over time, I've figured out my own version of a Sunday reset. It's nothing fancy, and I definitely don't accomplish every single thing every single Sunday. But these are the things that help me feel a little more ready for the week ahead.



First, I look at the week ahead. This is probably the most important thing I do. I check the calendar and figure out what's coming up. Appointments, church things, family plans, errands--anything that might sneak up on me if I'm not paying attention. I also try to think about which days are going to busier than others. If I know Tuesday is going to be busier than others. If I know Tuesday is going to be crazy, Tuesday probably isn't the night to plan a meal that requires seventeen ingredients and an hour in the stove. Knowing what's coming make the whole week feel a little more manageable.

Next, I like to figure out what we're eating that week. Notice I didn't say that I spend all of Sunday afternoon prepping perfectly portioned meals. That's probably never going to happen. But I do like having some idea of what we're going to eat during the week. I'll look at what we already have, think of a few meals, and make a grocery list if we need anything.  Some weeks I'm very organized about it. Other weeks the meal is basically tacos, spaghetti, something in the Crock-Pot, leftovers, and "we'll figure it out." Both count 😏

Then I try to get the laundry under control. There is something especially offensive about waking up Monday morning to three baskets of laundry staring at you. So, I usually try to get at least some of it caught up on Sunday. Does this mean every piece of laundry in the house is washed, dried, folded, and put neatly into a drawer? Absolutely not. Sometimes "caught up" means the clothes are cleaned and sitting in a basket. We're calling that progress. 😊

Another thing I like to do is straighten the Main areas of the house. I'm not deep cleaning my house on Sunday. I don't want to.  What I will do is straighten the kitchen, pick up the living room, clear off the counters, and put away the random things that have somehow migrated into the places where they won't belong. There is something about waking up Monday morning to a reasonably clean kitchen that makes life feel about 37% more put together.                                                                                                          I have no scientific evidence to support that number, but I stand by it.

I also try to restock the things we're running out of. Toilet paper. Paper towels. Shampoo. Diet Cokes. Dog food. Whatever it is.  I try to notice those things before Monday morning when somebody discovers there is exactly one drop of something left. This is also when I add the random necessities to my grocery list. Because if I don't write it down immediately, I will walk through Wal-Mart, buy $100 worth of things, come home, and realize I forgot the one thing I actually went there for.

Taking a little time for myself is also an important part. Sometimes it's a long bath. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I watch something completely mindless while scrolling TikTok. And sometimes, I do absolutely nothing productive. I think we've turned "resetting" into another thing we're supposed to accomplish perfectly. But rest is part of resetting too. Sunday doesn't have to become a workday just because Monday is coming.

Lastly, I go to bed with Monday in mind. I am not always successful at this one. Sunday night has a sneaky way of turning 11:47 p.m. while I'm telling myself I'll go to bed after this one thing."  But I try. I'll make sure I know what I need the next morning, plug in my phone, set my alarm for the week, and mentally prepare myself for the fact that yes, morning is coming whether I'm ready for it or not.

That's pretty much it. No matching refrigerator containers. No three-hour cleaning routine. No perfectly organized pantry. No meal-prepped lunches lined up like little soldiers. My Sunday reset is really just about doing a handful of things that make Monday feel easier. Some Sundays I do all of them, some Sundays I do two.  And some Sunday's we get home, eat something easy, sit down and I decide Future Me can handle the rest.                                                                                                                            And you know what? She usually does!

I hope you all have an amazing week!

Much Love, 

Beth



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, Friends! Today I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. What a week it has been! Having picnics with Wrenley and Makena were pretty high up on my favorites list. She wanted a lunchable (big surprise there!) while Makena and I had tuna salad. Playing outside is a must with Wrenley! And she loves making sure the bird bath has plenty of water! Another thing on my favorites list is listening to Trey play the guitar. This smile is also my favorite! We had a celebration for my son-in-law, Caleb this week. He is a pretty great guy and we are thankful that he is "ours" now :)  He is my favorite son-in-law! As I was studying for my Gospel Project lesson earlier this week I realized we only have 3 more lessons! That means that summer break is just 3 weeks away (for our Wednesday night program)! Although I will still have to prepare lessons for Sunday School and VBS.  Summer is my favorite! This summer will be extra sp...

Friday Favorites

 Woo Hoo, it's Friday! Just last week I was talking about how this month is flying by, but this week has moved at a snail's pace! Today, I am linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for Friday Favorites. I have been working on my fitness for about a year now, more seriously in the past 6 months. One thing I've worked on is getting my daily protein in. I tried the built puff protein bars a while ago and they are wonderful, but earlier this week I found the sour puffs, and wow, those things are surprisingly amazing!! I've also taken the new year to do a little more for myself. I started ordering from Nuuly (a monthly clothing subscription). I have found serveral brands that I have wanted to try. There is no pressure to buy anything. You just simply pick 6 items, wear them for the month and send it back and then pick 6 more items (of course, you can purchase if you like). This is a new favorite of mine. At the end of November I bought tickets to the Jason Aldean conce...

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday, friends! Today I am linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for another Friday Favorites. This is going to be a rapid-fire Friday favorites because it is getting late and I have to wake up extra early to pick up a special little girl :) The said little girl! Nobody ever told me how much you love your grandbabies! Spending time with Wrenley is always one of my favorites💗 Another one of my favorite things is watching Makena present. This time she was on her "home turf". She did a presentation on The Stuttgart Army Airfield for a historical group at our community center. They had their biggest turnout for a meeting because Makena has so many people who support her and love her. We are thankful for everyone who came. Of course she did a great job. I'm always proud of her. It is always a favorite any time I get a video or picture of my grandson, Wesley. I can't wait until June! My gentle giant, Boone, wanting to do his favorite thing: GO OUTSIDE! Makena ...